I had the most fun designing for the Hastings family’s Little Rock home. This was a large project, as they rebuilt from the ground up, and you know I love a good, blank canvas to work from.
I worked in conjunction with Chuck Hamilton Construction of Little Rock on this gem, aka #jwdhastingsheights. Here are a few of the highlights:
Master Bath: The amazing, bright white master bath features a freestanding bathtub from Jason International that overlooks the family’s lovely mountain view. The shape of the windows complements that of the built-in shelving and cabinets, which provide always-needed extra storage space.
Here are a few more views from the master bathroom for your perusing pleasure:
The tile on the floor and used for the shower walls is BPI Marvel, Statuario 12×24. The shower floor features 2″ Casa Blanca hexagon mosaic.
As a new blog feature, we will list “Where You Can Find It” for the master bathroom (or we will at least get you pretty close):
- Tub: Jason International
- Faucets: Kohler’s Pinstripe Collection. The one featured is polished chrome.
- Hardware: Top Knobs. We used the Reeded 5″ pulls in polished nickel (TK323PN).
- Door Hardware: Emtek. These are the Round Knob in satin nickel with modern rectangle rosette.
- Sinks: Kohler. Caxton undercounter; there are several options on their site to suit your specific needs.
- Paint: Benjamin Moore OC-45 Swiss Coffee is used on the walls, cabinetry, and trim throughout.
Kitchen: Moving on to the kitchen. I love this space. The countertops are gray and white quartz. The perimeter and wet bar are Caeserstone Pebble. The island is Prestige Stone in Calacatta Grey. The hardware is brushed brass. The linear light fixture adds a little color without overwhelming the design.
Here are some more photos from the kitchen….the view is fantastic! The Chippendale barstools inspired a design element we thoughtfully used throughout the house. The pattern was mimicked in the cabinetry at the butler’s pantry and again in the baby gate at the stair. It added just the right amount of interest and uniqueness to the space. The kitchen and wet bar backsplash is a 1×3 marble herringbone pattern.
Where You Can Find It
- Hardware: PC Hardware. We used Lew’s Hardware Bar Series 5″ brushed brass.
- Lighting: Visual Comfort (s5316GI-NP) linear light fixture.
- Barstools: Ballard Designs.
Powder Bath: That wallpaper, though. I love the way this bathroom adds a splash of color to the Hastings home without taking over. Keeping the other elements of the bath simple allows the walls to speak for themselves.
Where You Can Find It
- Wallpaper: Seabrook. We used Carl Robinson 12-Art – CR41309 Langhorn, but peruse their other offerings!
- Faucet: Kohler. This one is Purist in vibrant moderne, brushed gold.
- Mirror: Target. Never discount the discount stores.
- Towel Ring: Anthropologie. Explore their unique bathroom hardware offerings.
Until next time,